Monday, May 04, 2009

sunday thoughts

Yesterday was a very historic day at Foothills Community Church. I issued the Shine 09 challenge, and people responded---big time! I don't know for sure how many people signed up to do projects, but from what I saw, the majority of those attending did. (If you weren't at church and you would like to participate, just call the office (864)888-8008 and we'll hook you up).

I am praying that everyone who signed up will show up at their projects and serve. Our goal was to have 1,200 people from Foothills serving next Saturday.

Other churches will be participating as well. One Pastor friend of mine said that his church was expecting to have 100 people serving our community.

Lots of great conversations in the concourse of life change. That never gets old.

My goal was to preach a 25 minute message yesterday----that didn't happen.

We did however leave a little time at the end of the service for people to find a service project.

I also want to say that Kathy Badura did an unbelievable job of running point on Shine 09. Her and her team worked crazy hours putting things together. You guys are amazing.

No comments: