Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sunday's coming!

I just finished writing my message for this Sunday. The question I will be answering is: What about interracial relationships?

I won't answer the question in this blog. You'll have to come to Foothills this Sunday to find out!

But we will be dealing with the SIN of prejudice. Make no mistake about it, the Bible calls it sin.

In preparation for my message, I was thinking about some old sitcoms that had characters that were blatantly prejudiced. I immediately thought of Archie Bunker and his neighbor George Jefferson. Archie and George were certainly 2 of the most ignorant, bigoted characters ever to grace the airways. These shows probably wouldn't be shown on network television these days, but they dealt with some controversial topics (in a very humorous way). I'm so glad we have come so far in the last 25 years when this video first came out.

Please note----Some of this video is offensive because of a few racial slurs, so play at your own risk.

No comments: