Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Why I love Foothills

I am so blessed to be the Lead Pastor of Foothills Community Church. Here are a few of the reasons:

** We have a God-given vision that is focused on the world outside of the doors of our Church.

** I get to serve with an amazing staff that is completely sold out to that vision.

** I get to serve with the most committed volunteers on the planet who are also sold out to that vision.

** I get to preach in jeans instead of a suit!

** We have the most incredible children's ministry that I have ever seen (and besides I've got a crush on our children's director---don't get any ideas, she's my wife!)

** People are being saved every week, and seeing lives changed is "normal" at Foothills!

** We have unbelievable unity

** There is an expectation that God is going to show up and do something great every week!

** Our people are more interested in reaching their neighbors for Christ, than going to business meetings and arguing about the color of the carpet.

** We have phenomenal worship leaders who set me up for success.

** We have a congregation that is hungry to grow in their faith

I could go on and on, but the bottom line is this; I am so thankful I get to do what I do.

No comments: