Sunday, June 28, 2009

sunday recap

I had a much easier Sunday than usual, because I didn't preach. I got a chance to sit and listen to Daniel Lucas. He did a phenomenal job! I met Daniel last year at a leadership event that he and I were in together.

He and his wife planted Crosspoint Church in Morehead KY about a year and a half ago and already have almost 500 people attending. He challenged our people to not get too comfortable in our success, but to press on. Good stuff!

If you're not a preacher, you won't understand what I'm about to say, but even when I'm not scheduled to preach, I get almost as nervous as I do when I am preaching-- so wierd.

Attendance was pretty good. Not sure of the numbers, but it looked healthy for a summer service.

Eric Peters led both services in the main auditorium today, while Bill Swindle led in the venue. We have unbelievably talented people on our team.

Pray for the children that are going to kids camp this week in Alabama.

Don't forget that next Sunday at 6:00pm we will have a baptism/tailgating party at Foothills. If you are a Christ-follower, and have never been baptized call the office and register (864)888-8008

No comments: