Wednesday, June 17, 2009

mentoring

Call it "coaching", "mentoring", or "pouring into another person"-- whatever you choose to call it, it is Biblical.

As a leader, there are a lot of things that demand my attention. However not all of those things are really the things that I need to be doing. We have a very talented staff that are so much better in some areas than I am. So many of those things I empower others to handle.

There is one thing that I have really sensed that I needed to be more intentional about, and that taking time to mentor our younger leaders.

I am really excited about tomorrow, because I will be meeting with about 7 staff members that are between the ages of 20 and 30 with the goal of mentoring and leadership development. (I'm also planning on learning from them!)

I asked each of them to send in 3 topics that they would like to discuss. I plan on taking the top 3 or 4 questions and trying to answer them.
No doubt, this will be a valuable time for all of us!

No comments: