Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Simply amazing

I just heard this week that Foothills Community Church was #3 in numbers of people baptized among Southern Baptist churches in the state of South Carolina in 2007!
That is simply amazing. There are nearly 3,000 Southern Baptist churches in South Carolina, and here we are in Seneca, a town of about 8,000 people and God is moving in incredible ways! For the record we baptized 202 people in 2007. And this is not just a "numbers thing"---every one of those 202 are people whose lives have been changed forever!
Please hear my heart on what I'm saying. I am in no way boasting on me or even our church. I am boasting in God, and His amazing power to transform lives.
If you have committed your life to Christ and have not followed through with baptism, you will have an opportunity coming in late Spring---stay tuned for details.

No comments: