Saturday, March 29, 2008

relaxing day off

Fridays are our day off at Foothills. The office is closed and for the most part everything shuts down.
Yesterday was a busy, but relaxing day for me. I started out at 6:00am playing basketball (I play every Monday, Wednesday and Friday). Then I met Paul Carr and Josh Gregory, two of our Pastors from our Connections Department for a round of golf at 8:30am. My golf game was pretty sad. I'm not saying what I shot, but let's just say I got my money's worth!
After that I came home and relaxed and then had a date night with my beautiful wife. A full, but wonderful day.
Here's an honest confession. I have not always done a good job of taking a day off every week. I find myself always sneaking into our home office and tweaking my message or doing other work related things. Not only is this not healthy, but it's not Biblical. Most Pastors that I know struggle in this area. Now that the weather is warming up, I plan on making sure that I really do take Fridays off.
How about you? Do you set aside a day each week to relax and re-energize?

No comments: