Sunday, February 08, 2009

parenting message

I spoke about parenting today at Foothills. The response was wild.

I can't tell you how many parents with grown kids came up and said, "I wish I would have heard that message _____ years ago."

I think the parents with young kids are in denial because they don't think it gets any harder than the terrible twos. Trust me, it gets harder!

I got a huge applause when I said that "one of the problems in our country today is that we quit spanking our kids." (yes, I know.... I'm not politically correct)

Parenting is the hardest job in the world.

Most Biblical families were a little dysfunctional. (If you don't believe me just read the Old Testament)

If you're bringing your young kids in the main service, you are doing them a disservice. Discovery Kids and Planet Kidz are incredible worship experience environments that are age-appropriate for them. PLEASE let them worship there.

It was awesome praying for all the parents today.


You do not want to miss next week. I will be talking about a topic that is almost never discussed in church----and NO it is not sex!

No comments: