Monday, August 17, 2009

Sunday recap

We had such an incredible day at Foothills yesterday.
It will go down in history as one of the most unusual days we have ever had. Some crazy things happened, but God was moving big-time!

In the 9:30am service as soon as I turned on my mic and began to speak it just started making this huge popping sound. Now bear in mind, the mic had already been tested during the service run-through, and worked fine, but apparently when I put it on, the cable that connects to the belt pack got damaged (which was the cause of the problem). So we had to improvise, which means I had to use a hand-held microphone. For the record, I hate to use hand-helds. It made it especially difficult because I was using a visual illustration, that really needed two hands! Somehow I got through that message, and we swapped cables between services so I had my regular mic for the 11:15am service.

In the 11:15am service, as soon as I got ready to read the passage of scripture, I picked up my glasses and they broke in half. I could not use them to read the scripture, so I had to read from the big screens in the front of the auditorium. Over the last 4-5 years, I literally have to use reading glasses, or I cannot see to read.(It stinks getting older!) Fortunately I don't use sermon notes or I would have been in trouble (1 more reason to go noteless, Pastors)

But despite all of those things, God showed up. The worship was awesome (thanks Eric, David and their teams), The attendance was strong, the people were pumped, and there is this sense of expectation that is so tangible. WOW!

I am in awe of what is happening in our midst. I have no idea what God is about to do, but it is going to rock our world---get ready!

This Sunday we will begin a new message series that is called, What IF....
This series is going to be one of the best series we have ever done. You do not want to miss an of it.

Also remember, now that school is back in, people are starting to get back into a more normal routine. And Fall is always a time when many people start to think about going to church. Why not invite some friends to come with you this Sunday?

Our Toccoa campus is rocking and rolling. They are so excited about their new facility. They have basically finished with the demolition, and will begin putting up new walls next week! If you have any type of construction skills and would be willing to put those skills to good use, why not consider helping at the Toccoa campus?

No comments: