Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Some of the things I've been thinking about

Had a few random thoughts floating through my mind this week, thought I'd share them:

** What If..... I depended totally on the Holy Spirit? What would my life look like? What would our church look like?

** How do we train people to sit through the entire service without getting up to get something to drink/ go to the bathroom/ go check on their kids/ stretch their legs----or whatever other reasons people get up for?

** Why do people bring their kids into the adult services? Don't they realize that we have the most incredible Children's Ministry on the planet?

** Did they ever get around to burying Michael Jackson yet? For the record, when I die, please put me in the ground as soon as possible!

** Taylor Chandler and his team do an amazing job with the stage sets and lighting!

** I really like Jimmy Buffet's music! (and I'm not even a parrot head) When I was on vacation, I had a rental car that had Sirius radio. I listened to him a lot. They have an entire station dedicated to his music.

** I am looking forward to speaking at our Toccoa campus live in the near future!

** I have been shooting my bow a lot in the evenings, getting ready for hunting season. Shooting better than I ever have!

** I hope many people get connected to one of our LIFE groups this Fall.

** Studying the Gospel of Mark right now. I love that book!

** I am so looking forward to this Sunday's message. I really think it is going to stretch people.

** Awesome to find out many of my old friends are listening to messages from Foothills. Thank you Facebook for the hook-up!

Well, I told you they were random thoughts. Time to get some work done.

No comments: