Saturday, November 29, 2008

after Thanksgiving random thoughts

Thanksgiving is a great Holiday. We had a lot of fun with family and friends (and too much food). I have so much to be thankful for!

My wife almost broke her tradition of waking up at dark-thirty to go shopping on Black Friday. The key word there is "almost". She gave in and went shopping and saved us lots of money. She told me that the stores weren't as crowded as usual.

On the list of things that I hate to do, shopping is near the top, just below going to the dentist for a root canal.

Clemson/Carolina game today. I'm not going, but I will be watching on TV. With this weather it could be a mud bowl. Go Tigers!

Speaking of the Tigers. I hope they offer Dabo the job.

With the bad economy many families in Oconee County are having tough times, and as a result there are a whole bunch of kids who may not get any gifts this Christmas. Foothills is going to do something about that, so we will be taking a special offering for the kids for the next 2 weeks. Last year we did it spontaneously after the services on one Sunday and received over $5,000. So this year I want to see us surpass that mark.

Don't miss tomorrow at Foothills. It's going to be awesome!

No comments: