Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What would you ask?

In December I have been invited to be a part of a group of Pastors that will meet in Dallas to spend a few hours with a very well respected leader. One of the things that I was asked to do before the meeting was to email 3 questions or topics that I would like to have discussed.

I just sent my questions in. My fear is that the rest of the Pastors are going to send in some deep, profound questions and mine will sound really stupid! But the reality is, I have always heard that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

I have tried to make it a practice to ask questions. Some people are naturally more inquisitive than others, but when you ask questions, you get answers. Let me say that again. When you ask questions, you get answers. (Profound, huh?)

I cant tell you how many times by asking someone a question it saved me from making some bad decision, or saved me a lot of time or effort.

Let me give you an example of what I'm talking about. When we started to prepare for our second campus, I knew that I didn't have the answers, so I asked questions. In fact I put together a group of 7 or 8 other Pastors that were also considering second campuses and we got together for a couple of days and asked each other lots of questions.
There were still many unanswered questions, so we sent our campus pastor to a multi-site conference before we started so that he could ask questions.

Do yourself a favor, start asking lots of questions. You may be surprised at what you will learn.

No comments: