Tuesday, January 22, 2008

hanging out with friends

I always enjoy spending time with other Pastors and talking about what the Lord is doing.
Last week I got to spend a few hours with Artie Davis who is the Pastor of Cornerstone Community Church in Orangeburg SC. They are a church that is making a significant impact on their community. Artie shared with me an amazing story about how God has allowed them to purchase a new facility in the best location in 3 counties. (I believe they are purchasing and remodeling a former Winn Dixie location!)
Then today I got a chance to have lunch with Dean Herman from Five Points Fellowship in Easley SC. They are also making a huge difference in their town. Dean played on Clemson's 1981 National Championship team. He is a big dude, and a very passionate leader!
I believe one of the best investments of my time is spending time with other leaders.
Carve out time in your schedule to spend time learning from others. If you don't know other people, pick up a phone and call people from churches that you have heard about and offer to buy them lunch. You would probably be surprised how many will say yes.

No comments: