Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

I love New Year's. It is generally one of the few times in the year that people actually desire change. Nearly every other time people are resisitant to making changes. If we're smart, we'll leverage this opportunity and make those changes.

It has been my experience that unless we actually set a goal, change doesn't come. It's not enough to say, "My New Year's resolution is to lose weight in 2010", or "I want to exercise more", or "I want to grow spiritually in 2010". Make it specific, and measurable. Then put together an action plan.

Here's an example: In 2010 I will grow spirtually by: 1)Attending Church weekly. 2)Spending ______ minutes a day praying, and reading my Bible. 3)Finding a place to serve at church. (Of course, you're goals may look different, but you get the idea)

As a general rule, I try to set Spirtual goals, Physical goals, Relational goals, Professional goals, and Intellectual goals.

I also ask myself several questions. Here is a list of some of the questions I asked myself in 2009.

As we enter 2010, what needs to change in your life? Let's go for it in 2010!

For further thoughts on change, here is a link to my friend Artie Davis blog. Do yourself a favor and check this out.

No comments: