Monday, January 04, 2010

2010

We started out 2010 at Foothills with a bang yesterday. The services were awesome!

* David Odom and his team were on their game, no doubt. Worship was incredible.

* The energy level was off the charts. I was a little worried because it was so cold yesterday, but people came ready to meet with God.

* Yesterday's message was all about overcoming the obstacles that hold us back. 2010 is a blank slate filled with unlimited possibilities, let's not let obstacles stand in the way between us and God's best for our lives.

* I am getting more excited about the possibility of campus #3 for Foothills. I have been praying for over a year about where it will be. I'm still not sure, but I believe God will guide us to the place!

* Our Toccoa campus is doing an amazing job. I think that 2010 is going to be a time of extreme growth for them. Both numerically and spiritually. Proud of you guys.

* We had a fantastic staff meeting this morning and let me tell you, our staff is fired-up. Our staff at Foothills is the best staff in the world. Next time you see one of them, let them know how much you appreciate them.

* I am so excited about this week's message I can hardly stand it. We will be starting a brand new mini-series called, We Are Foothills. It's all about the vision baby!

* Any time I do messages on our vision it pumps almost all the people up. It also ticks a few people off!

* I nearly overdosed on college football over the Christmas break. Fortunately there are still a few more games. The 2 games I'm really interested are TCU vs Boise State, and Texas vs Alabama. My predictions are Boise State and Alabama. Not an Alabama fan, but I think they will be the National Champs.

I hope you're ready for a huge year in 2010. I am.

No comments: