Sunday, January 10, 2010

sunday night review

Today we had more fun at Foothills Community Church than should be legal. We began a new series called, We Are Foothills. It's a 2 week mini-series about the vision of Foothills. Without a doubt I enjoy this series as much or more of any series we do each year. Here's a couple quick thoughts about today:

** Very strong attendance in Seneca and Toccoa. Looks like we're out of the Christmas holiday mindset.

** Had some friendly competition during the services. 3 contestants shooting free throws blind-folded. The crowd helped line them up for the shot. An illustration of teamwork and the purpose of clear vision.

** People were crazy-pumped up today. Lots of energy.

** Worship was phenomenal in both services.

** Any time I talk about our vision it gets 99% of the people excited and helps the other 1% figure out FCC isn't for them.

** I didn't finish my message in either service. I get long-winded talking about the vision.

** One of the things I touched on was the need for the church to be relevant. (I think I will commit an entire blogpost on this one)

** The Message never changes, but the methods, must!

** Reviewing all that God did at FCC during 2009 was mind boggling. One of the statistics that relly blows me away is that we have baptized nearly 1% of this county in the last 3 years!

** Praying for 1,000 salvations in 2010!

** Next week we've got some more cool things planned. I'm doing a message called, Get In The Game. It's a message about what teamwork is all about.

** I miss college football already.

** With influence comes responsibility. Let's get out there and keep inviting our friends to church.

No comments: