Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hug your spouse

This morning I got a chance to talk to a friend that just lost his wife of 42 years to cancer. The thing that stuck out the most in our conversation was his reminder to hug your spouse and let them know how much you love them, because they won't always be around.
It's not that I didn't know that already, but when someone who has just walked through something so traumatic tells you that, it just sinks in a little more.
I am so fortunate to be married to the love of my life and my best friend, Liz. She is the most godly Christ-follower that I know. And besides that, anyone who would put up with me has got to be pretty special! I need to do a better job of letting Liz know how much I love her (not just with words, but also with my actions)
So here's my challenge to you; stop what you're doing right now and call your spouse and tell them you love them!

No comments: