Tuesday, February 12, 2008

taking a quick breather

I just came up for air for a couple of minutes. I have been in the zone with my message prep for some upcoming messages. I have pretty much finished the next 4 weeks of complete outlines. I'm usually pretty happy with being out 2 weeks.
If you are someone who has the responsibility of preparing and then teaching a weekly talk you will understand what I'm about to say. Sometimes it seems like you are in a funk and can sit there for hours and have nothing to show for it. And then there are days like today when you can barely write fast enough to keep up with what God is showing you. These days are much better, I can assure you!

I have a big meeting tonight with a group of people who will be helping us pull off the biggest thing we have ever done as a church. It's coming up in May, but I can't talk about it quite yet. It would spoil the surprise. It is so big, that if God doesn't show up we will mess it up. That's a good place to be!

No comments: