Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Monday Staff meetings

Mondays are meeting days around here.
We have an all-staff meeting on the first Monday of every month.
Yesterday I unveiled our new structure model to our team. No doubt everyone (including me) is going to be challenged to make some significant changes.
My general leadership style is relational with a high level of grace. That style works pretty good when your staff is small and you are able to actually have relationships with all of the staff. As the church grows, and the staff grows this style becomes ineffective. We don't have a huge staff (12 full-time and several part-time), but it is growing.

I told our staff that I have to change my role from being their buddy to being their leader. Obviously that doesn't mean that I don't care about them. Or that I won't hang out with them at times. It just means that I need to move to a more important role in their lives---being their Leader!

I have created a management team that will be responsible for staff underneath them in the organizational chart. They will give me weekly briefings of how things are going in their various departments.

Bottom line is that these changes are going to allow us to continue to move forward in reaching our community for Christ!

No comments: