Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Since this is Valentine's Day I thought I would list some of the things in life that I really love.

1. Jesus. Yes I am not ashamed to say that my first love in life is Jesus Christ. The fact that He would love me and forgive me and use my life is so amazing to me.
As many of you know, I grew up basically without much of a clue who He was. When I was 23 years old I opened a Bible for the first time in my life. It was then that I began to realize just how passionate He was to have a relationship with me. And let me tell you, I was no prize, to say the least. I was about as far from God as a person could possibly be---and yet He reached out to me.

2. My wife, Liz. She is without a doubt the most amazing, beautiful godly woman I have ever met. Did I mention patient? Well she puts up with me, so let's add patience to the list. I have talked to many Pastors whose wives never really supported them in ministry, but Liz is not only supportive, but she is right smack-dab in the middle of ministry. When we planted the church, it was truly "WE" planted the church. She is my biggest cheerleader and my best friend.

3. My children. I am a blessed man. God has given me three wonderful children. We have walked through many difficult times together, and yet right now I believe that this may spiritually be the best shape my family has ever been in. My oldest son Rick is walking closer to God than ever before in his life. He called me this week to let me know that God had allowed him to share his testimony with a group of 30 men struggling with addiction. My daughter, Kristen. I just got off the phone with my daughter who is in South Africa doing mission training work with Youth With A Mission. She is so passionate about reaching the South Africans with the love of Jesus that she has re-enrolled and will be staying for another 9 months. My youngest son Cole. He is an incredible young man. It is scary how much like me he is. He is at the age (15) where it's hard to be a Christ-follower, yet he lives out his life for Christ. He has chosen good friends and he will serve anywhere there is a need.

4. My Grandchildren. It is still hard for me to comprehend that I have grandkids, but what a blessing they are to me. Savannah and Mia I truly love you!

5. My extended family, and all my friends. I am so fortunate to have a network of family and friends around me that love me. Thank you all for being a part of my life.

6. Foothills Community Church. The church that God allows me the privilege to lead. You all are incredible. Your passion for God and your desire to see this whole community come to Christ is inspiring. Thanks for making time out of your busy schedules, to serve God and others, not because you "have to", or even because I ask you to, but because you want to. That is awesome!

Well I guess I could go on and on about this topic., but I am going to stop because one thing that I DON'T love is typing! My finger is going numb!

No comments: