Friday, September 14, 2007

Unbelievable Story

Had lunch yesterday with Tony Morgan (Tony is the Chief Strategic Officer at Newspring Church. I have no idea what that means, but I love that job title!), and Howard (sorry Howard I don't remember your last name, but Howard will be Newspring's campus Pastor in Greenville)
During our time together we chatted about what the Lord was doing at our churches.
As I talked about what was happening at Foothills Community Church I was reminded how incredible this story really is. To my knowledge there is not another Church in America that is in a semi-rural area that has the influence that God has given us!
We are in a county of 68,000 people that is very spread out. (Within 15 minute drive there are probably less than 40,000 people) We currently have 1,500 in attendance (and growing rapidly). We will probably have over 2,000 people attending within the next 12 months (depending on when our new facility is completed).
That is mind-boggling! I wish I could say, that my leadership is the reason for this growth, but it's not, because I ain't that smart. It is a 100% God-thing! (And I wouldn't want it any other way)
The future is bright!

No comments: