Thursday, May 31, 2007

I love Summer


Summer is definitely one of my favorite times of year. I love warm weather. I love taking vacations. I love the laid-back feel of Summer.
One thing I told my staff this past Tuesday was, "we are not going to go on vacation as a church." What I meant by that was, sure everyone at church including the staff needs to get rested up, take a vacation, etc. but we are still going to put our best foot forward every week.
Every Sunday will be someone's first time at Foothills, and we are going to do our part to make their experience the best hour of their week.
Having said that, we understand that there are certain straegic times during the year when you have attendance spikes, so we program stronger during those times. Like Easter, Christmas, the start of the school year and after the New Year.
If you attend Foothills, why not make it a point when you're in town this Summer to be at church, to continue giving regularly, and to find a place where you can volunteer.

No comments: