Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ultimate




I look forward to Tuesday evenings. Tuesday evening is our weekly Ultimate game. If you've never played, you are missing out on some great fun and exercise. Basically Ultimate is kind of like soccer, only you use a disc (frisbee). It is non-stop running and throwing and catching.
The only down side to it, is that I'm usually the oldest guy out there (unless Pastor Brian shows up!) The average age excluding me is probably 20. So needless to say, I have my work cut out keeping up with the young pups.
It is supposed to be a non-contact game, but last week one of the guys caught an elbow to the eyebrow and I believe ended up getting a few stitches. Last year we had a guy break his foot.
The most frustrating part of playing is realizing I have lost a step in the speed department, and a couple of inches in the vertical leap department over the years. I am sort of in denial about it though. It's all good!
If you are free at 6:00pm on Tuesdays, come by the church and give it a shot.

No comments: