Monday, May 07, 2007

Hard to imagine sometimes

It is mind boggling to think about what God is doing here in smalltown USA!
Seneca, SC is no booming metropolis. It is not really near any large city. It has a population of less than 8,000 in a county with around 70,000. Oconee County is about 75% rural. There are probably 200 hundred churches in the county.
It is probably one of the least likely places people would think of when it came to a major movement of God---and yet that's what is happening here at Foothills Community Church!!!
I can't explain it. I can't take credit for it. All I know, is that I want God to keep on doing what He's doing.
On any given Sunday we will have 2% of Oconee County at one of our services. We are seeing people becoming followers of Christ every week. We are seeing lives change literally before our eyes. We are seeing people who have not darkened the doors of a church in decades become fully engaged Christ-followers. We are seeing people come to the reality that their time, talents, and treasures are really not theirs, and offering them to Christ.
There are many weeks that all I can do is shake my head in amazement as to what He is doing. And yet with all of that I truly believe that the best is yet to come!!
If you are a person that calls Foothills your church home I want to encourage you to continue to build relationships with people who are far from God, and point them to the savior. Continue to invite your friends to Church. Continue to live out your faith.
If you've never come to Foothills yet---what are you waiting for?

No comments: