Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The power of friendship

I just got back from lunch with one of my best friends in ministry, Eddie Cox. Eddie is the Lead Pastor of Marathon Community Church in Easley, SC. I have known Eddie for about 10 years. I met him about 4 or 5 months after he planted the church. Under Eddie's leadership they have grown to about 2,800 in attendance.
We don't get to spend alot of time together, but when we do get together we just pick up where we left off the last time. Eddie and Marathon have been a huge encouragement to me as we planted Foothills. In fact, just last week, Sean, Marathon's lighting Director came over and helped us for several hours. (He wouldn't even let us pay him)
Ministry can be lonely at times. And believe it or not, sometimes the only guys who really understand the unique pressures of being a Lead Pastor are other Lead Pastors.
If you are a Pastor and you don't have friends in ministry----then make some!

No comments: