Wednesday, February 28, 2007

If at first you don't succeed


Last week a friend gave me 2 tickets to last Wednesday's Clemson Baseball game. I was pumped! My beautiful wife Liz and I were going to be able to spend a couple of hours together at the old ball park. It doesn't get much better than that. Unfortunately the weather turned bad. We waited for an hour or so for the rain delay, but it didn't look like it was going to let up, so we left. (They actually played the game after a 3 hour rain delay) Needless to say I was disappointed.
Well, this afternoon we are going to get a second chance. That same friend blessed us with 2 more tickets. It's supposed to be 65 degrees and sunny. We're going to give it another shot.
Life is like that many times. Our plans and dreams sometimes don't work out like we thought they would. It's pretty discouraging. It's at these times that we have to choose whether or not we will risk it again. Some people never do. How sad.
By the way, why is it that everything is so expensive at sporting events? I'm all for people making a little profit, but come on. I bought a bag of sunflower seeds. In a convenience store they cost about 50 cents ---at a Clemson game they charge 2 bucks!
One more random thought about sunflower seeds. Sunflower seeds are good, but you have to be careful where you spit the shells. Just ask the guy that was sitting in front of me during the rain delay!

No comments: