Thursday, February 15, 2007

Pass it on

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I have had meetings with several Pastors in the last few days. One thing that I'm always reminded of, is that I usually get more out of those meetings than anyone else.
First, I get the benefit of seeing things from someone else's perspective. This always keeps me from getting too myopic.
Second, I get the benefit of sharing our story and vision. Every time I tell our story, it has a way of keeping things fresh.
Third, I get the benefit of meeting new people; and not just any people, but people who have laid it all down for the sake of a call. These men are pioneers---they are visionaries---they are men of great dreams and great faith. That inspires me!
Fourth, I get the benefit of learning. I always walk away from those meetings with more knowledge and greater understanding.
Before becoming a Pastor, I was in business. In business, there is a tendency to view everyone as a competitor. People in business are very careful NOT to tell others much information so as not to give them a a competetive edge. What I love about church is that we are all on the same team. If anything we have done, can benefit others---that's great!
I realize that God has blessed Foothills Community Church, and me as a leader. It is my responsibility to share what He has taught me with others.
If you are a church planter or pastor, and we can be of assistance, let me know. You can shoot me an email at greg@foothillscc.org

No comments: