Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Southern Blasphemy

Last Sunday was the closest I have ever come to getting tarred and feathered at church for something I said. What was the shocking statement that I made? Was it some blasphemous comment about the deity of Christ? Was it a sacreligious theological statement? Did I say something about someone's Momma?
No it was worse! I said that Nascar was a dumb sport!!! (In retrospect it's not the kind of statement you want to make in the South, to win friends and influence people)
When I got home from Church on Sunday, I figured I would tune into the Daytona 500 to see what the big deal was. All I can say is, I have seen the error of my ways. I actually started to get into it. I ended up watching the first half of the race. If I hadn't had to go back to church that evening for our fourth service, I might have watched the whole thing! To all my Nascar good old boy buddies, I sincerely apologize. I have seen the light! Be sure to be at church on Sunday for my Nascar coming out party.

No comments: