Thursday, March 01, 2007

Conference take-aways


We brought some of our team the the Church Planters conference at Mountain Lake Church on Monday and Tuesday. They did a great job of putting that thing together. Their volunteers were helpful; the speakers were engaging; the music was rocking, and the atmosphere was high-energy.
There were a couple of God moments that I am still processing. Both Shawn Lovejoy's and Perry Noble's sessions reminded me to protect the vision that God has given us for Foothills.
Dave Furgeson reignited my entrepreneurial spirit. Matt Carter's message stirred my heart, and Ed Stetzer's message challenged my thinking.
I didn't attend, Gary Lamb's breakout session, but a couple of our team did, and they said that Gary was bouncing off the walls!! (What's new?)
One of the absolute best parts of these conferences, is the time our team had to spend together. We commuted back and forth both days, so there was a lot of great conversation during the drive time.
The only down-side to the conference is that I'm a little behind this week on some work.
I'm looking forward to next year!

No comments: