Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Wide angle or Zoom lens?

Wide angle or Zoom lens?
That was basically what I asked each of us to consider this past Sunday. Everyone of us goes through life wearing one of these two lenses.
Let me explain; Some people wear the zoom lens. The zoom lens is designed to zoom in on one single object. When we have the zoom lens life, WE are the object that we focus on. The zoom lens life is self-absorbed and selfish.
Other people go through life with a Wide angle lens perspective. The wide angle lens has a wider field of vision. The wide angle lens life is what we are called to as Christ-followers. When I have wide angle living, I see that there are lots of people in the picture besides me.
If you missed Sunday, I challenged everyone to 30 days of Kindness. For the next 30 days, look for opportunities to meet a Physical need, encourage someone emotionally, and reach out to people Spiritually.
Easter Sunday is only a month away. I'm asking everyone to invite at least 5 people to come to church with you.
Remember, we will be doing 5 services on Easter. 7:15am, 8:30am, 9:45am, 11:15am and 6:00pm

No comments: