Thursday, February 02, 2012

It's in the air

If you have been to Foothills Community Church lately, no doubt you have felt the presence of God in a very powerful way. It's one of those things that you can't see with your eyes, but you can just sense. There is a hunger for more of God. There is a passion for worship, and as a result, there are lives changing every week. Lots of lives.

2012 has started with a bang on both of our campuses. The Lord is up to something very big. I anticipate that this year will be our best ever! It reminds me of this verse: Isaiah 43:19 NLT For I am about to do a brand-new thing. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness for my people to come home. I will create rivers for them in the desert!

Here is what every one of us need to be doing: Pray for God to continue this great movement, and also pray that we would not be distracted (which is a common tactic of Satan when things are going well). We must continue to yield our lives to Jesus every moment of every day so that we can live our lives on mission. We must keep inviting people to church, and warmly welcoming them when they show up.

I can honestly say that I cannot remember a time when I sensed we were on the brink of something so great as right now!!!

I will be sharing a message this Sunday that has the potential to change your life when it comes to dealing with conflict in your relationships. If you know of anyone that is in the middle of some conflict issues, get them there.

Also, don't forget the Superbowl party at FCC this Sunday. Tailgating starts at 5:30pm.

On February 19th we will launch The Follow-Up, which is a campus group that I will be leading. It will be held in the Venue auditorium in Foothills North building from 6:00pm until 7:00pm

On February 26th we will have our next Get In The Game class. This is our membership class at FCC. It will be held from 12:30 until 2:15pm. We will provide lunch and child care. Sign-up soon. Over 100 people were at the last class in January, so sign-up soon!

No comments: