Sunday, January 04, 2009

What a day!

Today was a tremendous day for me. I got to speak live at our Toccoa campus for the first time!

It was actually the first time that I had seen the gymnasium transformed into an auditorium. I must say that it looked awesome. Here are a few of my takeaways from today:

**Shannon Chiles, our campus Pastor is doing an incredible job.

**As soon as you pull into the parking lot you can sense the Foothills DNA all over the place. It's even more evident once you get inside.

**The volunteers are amazing. They truly seem to love what they're doing. They broke down the entire building and had everything put up in 40 minutes!

**They had donuts and other goodies (definitely Foothills!)

**The band rocked. Jonathan led worship today, and did a great job.

**Met lots of new people. They seemed so excited about Foothills. Most of them commented that I looked a lot different in person (not really sure how to take that!)

**I believe that our Toccoa campus is going to really reach lots of people in Stephens County, Georgia.

**The only downside to my entire experience was when the guys back at the tech table flashed a Georgia Bulldog logo on the screen and played their fight song!


Meanwhile back at our Seneca campus, I heard that Brian Rhodes brought it today delivering the message! A big thank you to all of the crew in Seneca for keeping things rocking, even though I haven't been there in 2 weeks.

Look out next Sunday because we are starting a new series called "Sticky Church". Next week's message is one of my favorite topics to talk about----Foothills vision.

No comments: