Sunday, January 11, 2009

holy cow, what a day!

Hands down, this Sunday's message topic was one of my favorites to talk about---the Vision of Foothills Community Church. Here are a couple of things that stood out to me:

** I am praying that God would break my heart for what breaks His. As Jesus rode into Jerusalem and looked over the city, He wept. When is the last time we wept over the lostness of our cities?

** Vision messages do one of 2 things. Either they fire people up or they chase people away. Either way, it's good. (If someone can't get behind the vision of their church, they need to move on and find a church with a vision they can get behind.)

** Today was also Memebership Renewal Sunday. Basically ever January 1st we purge our membership rolls and start from scratch. If people are still behind the vision and want to continue to be a member, they re-sign the membership covenant. (what's the point of having names of people on a membership roll who don't even attend there anymore, or who no longer agree with the vision?) Tons of people re-signed today, and tons of people who have not been through our Belong Class, signed up to become members.

** I think today's message was the longest I have ever preached. It's hard to be brief when you are as passionate about something as I am about our Vision!

** The music in both services was unbelievable!!!

** God is rocking my world right now and I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

** I played basketball after church today. We started a basketball league at Foothills, and we had our first practice. Actually we ended up scrimmaging one of the other teams. I am wiped out. I play basketball 3 morning a week, but I usually only play half-court, but today we played full-court---oh my, what a difference!

No comments: