Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Resolutions

I know that many of you made some resolutions for 2009.

Whether you call them resolutions or goals, all of us should look for ways to improve ourselves in different areas of our lives. I thought I would share a few of the areas that I have personally set some goals in for 2009.

Intellectual goals (my goal is to read 2 books a month in 09)

Spiritual goals (spend at least 1 hour with God (not including sermon prep) per day at least 5 days per week, share my faith regularly, a total dependence on the Holy Spirit daily)

Physical goals (exercise 5-6 times per week, eat right)

Relational goals (become a better encourager, love and serve my wife better, express love to my family more)

Professional goals (attend at least 2 leadership events, begin a website dedicated to small town Pastors, begin a leadership roundtable group, start a second satellite campus)

These are a few of the things that I'm shooting for in 2009. There are some others too, but for now that will give you a little glimpse into what my focus will be in 2009.

What are your goals? Write them down and then live them out.

No comments: