Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We want more

At yesterday's staff meeting we went around the table and asked our staff to share some stories of how they experienced God' movement from Sunday's service. One by one people shared their stories, and at the end I wrapped up by saying, "we have truly experienced God in a remarkable way in yesterday's services, but I want MORE of God. I want to see God do even greater things!" Everyone agreed---we want MORE of God than ever before.

I have never received so many emails of people who were moved in such an incredible way. A common statement that I heard was, "this was the most amazing church service I have ever been in."

My wife told me she talked to a woman who came to Foothills Community Church for the first time Sunday. She came to the 9:30am service and was so moved that she drove home between services and got the rest of her family and made them come back with her to the 11:15am service!

Some people have asked me, "what are yo going to do to top last week's service?" Well the answer is nothing. That's God's job. We can pray, plan, and prepare for services, but if God doesn't show up, we might as well just go home. So I am praying for more of God than ever before. Would you join me in that prayer?

No comments: