Monday, August 18, 2008

Synchronized diving


I like a lot of th Olympic events, but one that I really don't care for is synchronized diving. Basically 2 people stand side by side on a diving platform and then simultaneously jump off and do identical tricks and land in the water at the exact same time. To get the highest score from the judges, not only do you have to do precisely the same moves at the same time, but you have to enter the water at the same time with minimal amount of splash.
I guess that's the part I don't really like---the minimal splash thing. I think it would be really cool if they had Olympic synchronized Cannonball or synchronized belly flop events, where the highest scores are given to the most splash. If you empty the pool, then you get an automatic "10". I would watch that for sure!
I kind of have the philosophy that in life, we need to make the biggest splash possible; empty the pool. Forget trying to make a minimal splash. Go for the gold. Take some risk. God has given us this life, and desires for us to live it to the fullest, so cannonball your way through life!

No comments: