Monday, October 29, 2007

More random thoughts

** Last Thursday some businessmen in our area put together a Pastors Appreciation luncheon. Many area Pastors including myself and a few of our staff were able to attend. They fed us a nice lunch and gave away some prizes. One of our guys won $100, and another won $50 (it must have been rigged because I didn't win anything!) We all had a great time.

** Clemson looked really good against Maryland. South Carolina made a nice comeback only to lose to Tennessee (nice try!)

** Kicked off our new series yesterday called, The DNA of God. Yesterday we talked about Jesus being our Good Shepherd. Our attendance was strange. 9:45 had plenty of extra seats---11:15 was packed (usually they are pretty close. I think everyone must have slept in yesterday)

**I did some trivia yesterday in all of the services. I gave the birth names of some famous people and I had people guess what their celebrity names were (overall the 11:15am service were the winners), but the thing that I was most surprised about was that someone in the 8:30am service knew that Cordazer Calvin Broadus is who we know as Snoop Doggy Dog!!

** I've got a lot of meetings today--gotta go!

No comments: