Thursday, August 30, 2007

multi-site meeting notes

I just got back from a multi-site roundtable that I put together for a few Lead Pastors. It was an amazing time for many reasons. First, I got to hang out with some incredible Pastors for a day and a half that are doing some great things to reach people for Christ. A few I already knew, but a few I met for the first time. I have mentioned before that among lead Pastors there is an immediate camaraderie. These are guys who have been in the trenches, so you just kind of "get"each other. Here is a list of the guys that participated:
Roger Blackmore Grace Church Long island New York
Bryan Mills Meadow Heights Church Fredericktown, Missouri (Brian Pastor's a church of 700 in a town of less than 4,000 people!)
Tony McCollum Fusion Church Hamilton Mill, Ga.
Jim Carpenter Compass Church Athens, Ga.
Gary Lamb Revolution Church Canton, Ga.
Eddie Cox Marathon Church Powdersville, SC


We talked about how to mobilize to reach more people through the use of a multi-site strategy. We got a chance to laugh (a lot). I would share some of the things we laughed about, but it's top secret so then I would have to kill you! It's amazing what you learn about people when you spend some time with them.
A third thing that I enjoyed was the tremendous hospitality we enjoyed from the Wayko family for opening up their beautiful lake house to us and then treating us like royalty.

There is no doubt that going multi-site creates an unbelievable opportunity to reach so many more people. I am so pumped about our future!!

No comments: