Tuesday, November 06, 2012

sunday reflections

I know I sound like a broken record, but Sunday was another amazing day at Foothills Community Church. Here are a few quick thoughts:

* Having an extra hour of sleep makes for a more energetic crowd!

* This was the first time some people have ever been on time to church.

* The worship team is at the top of their game. Holy cow, we are so blessed at ALL 3 of our campuses! All of the people that serve on those teams do an incredible job of making it easy for me to get up and preach.

* I dealt with a very serious topic, Spiritual posing. Many people are pretenders when it comes to their faith. It was awesome seeing many people admitting that and truly giving their lives to Jesus!

* As I look around the concourse, I am totally overwhelmed by all of the people that Volunteer at Foothills. Thank you to all of you. You are making a difference!

* We have a lot of people signed-up to attend this Sunday's Get In The Game class at all of our campuses. It's not too late to sign-up. You can do it now.

* I hope everyone exercised their rights as Americans and voted today.

* We have an incredible day planned for December 2nd. During the morning services we will be having the last baptisms of 2012 at all 3 campuses. This is a highlight for me. Then from 6:00pm until 7:30pm we will be having a Praise Night. Worship leaders from all 3 campuses will be at our Seneca campus for this blow-out event. We will also be observing The Lord's Supper together. You do not want to miss this!!!!

* Don't miss this Sunday as we wrap up our My Secret Life series. If you have ever felt like your life was out of control, you need to be there.... and bring some friends.