Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A couple quick thoughts

* This past Sunday was great. I had the opportunity to preach for my friend Lee Boyd in Prestonsburg Kentucky at Destination Community Church. It reminded me a lot of the early days of Foothills Community Church. I got to meet a bunch of great people and I really enjoyed my time there.

* Back at Foothills Community Church, my friend Jeff Cranston from Low Country Community Church in Bluffton, SC came and delivered a powerful message about forgiveness. I have heard many comments about what a great message it was.

* It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is this week. It's even harder to believe that Christmas is just around the corner.

* I'm looking forward to bringing the message this Sunday at FCC. Many of you will have out of town company for Thanksgiving. Plan to bring them to church with you this Sunday.

* Don't forget to mark your calendars for December 2nd. The whole day is going to be unbelievable. During our morning services I will be sharing a message called, Brand New. Then we will finish with baptisms at all 3 campuses. If you have never gone public with your faith, this is the time. It's not too late to sign-up. Then at 6:00pm we will be having a Worship night and communion service to celebrate. All 3 campuses will be joining together that night, and worship teams from all 3 campuses will be leading. It is going to be one of the greatest nights in our history!

* On December 9th we will begin our Christmas series called, Empty. You will be hearing a lot more about this very soon, but start thinking about who you can invite to come with you!

* We had a very nice article recently in the Seneca Journal about FCC's partnership with Habitat for Humanity, and our Project Reach initiatives. In case you didn't know we are currently building 2 homes with Habitat.