Monday, November 07, 2011

Sunday review

We had a great day at Foothills yesterday. Here are a few highlights:

* I'm not sure what the numbers were, but it looked like we had a very good attendance

* Having an extra hour of sleep definitely had people come in with a ton of energy.

* The worship set was awesome. loved having the choir up there.

* We started a new series called, Glow. We are asking the question, If so, then what? Yesterday we asked, If the Bible is true, then what?

* The 3 main points were, we must Accept God's Word, Absorb God's Word and Apply God's Word.

* Yes, I really did accidentally put on my wife's jeans. (You will have to watch the video to understand!)

* We had a great response to the message, in fact we almost sold out of Bibles in our bookstore!!

* We had a Get In The Game class yesterday afternoon. I absolutely LOVE leading that class!

* I heard that our Toccoa campus also had another incredible day. The momentum at that campus is amazing. I have been encouraging some of our staff from Seneca to get over there on a Sunday and just experience it.

* On another note, I was asked to lead a couple of sessions for my friend Dean Herman's staff retreat last Friday. It was a great joy to do it. Dean's church is preparing to move into a new facility, so I talked about some cautions to be aware of.

* This Thursday evening we are having our annual Dream Team appreciation celebration. This is the night where our staff gets to honor all of the volunteers that make our jobs possible. If you have never volunteered at Foothills, you are missing out!

No comments: