Monday, October 31, 2011

Sunday review

Yesterday was a great experience all the way around for me. I actually got a chance to worship at both campuses of Foothills Community Church, so that was very cool.

* Brian Rhodes preached at our Seneca campus on parenting. As a new Dad, his approach to the message was, I'm not an expert, but here's what I want my daughter to know". It was very heartfelt and everyone really enjoyed it.

* Next week we will start a new series called, GLOW. Basically this series is going to ask the question, If so, then what? (I'll tell you more about it on Sunday) Make sure you bring a friend!

* After the service at Seneca, I rushed over to our Toccoa, GA campus for their 11:00am service. It was awesome! Here are a few observations:

* It was packed out. In fact I heard that it was a non-holiday record attendance.

* The energy was amazing. The people are totally into it. They laugh alot, sing loud, and smile... a bunch!

* I kind of snuck in after they got started and sat down and just "observed"

* They baptized 5 people in the holy horse trough! Lives are changing for sure!

* Pastor Kevin Robison did a killer job leading the worship and Pastor Brian Marshall is obviously in his element. They make a great team, along with all of their awesome volunteers!

* They had a huge party yesterday evening for the community, and they estimate around 700 people showed up!

* A few other things:

* Foothills will be participating in the Trunk or Treat at the Seneca Walmart this evening from 6 until 8pm. This thing is huge. last year there were around 8,000 people that showed up!

* If you have a car (and some candy) and you would like to help out at Trunk or Treat, show up at Walmart at 5:30pm

* I have heard a bunch of great feedback from our Lord's Supper service last Thursday. Many thanks to Brian Rhodes for leading in my absence.

* I was in Dallas, TX meeting with a group of Pastors that I have had the privilege of getting to know over the last 2 years. I am totally indebted to each of them for their friendship. These are some of the most godly, wise men that I know. Each of them are leading significant churches from across the United States, and I can assure you that the Lord is at work in our Nation!

* It was also nice that my wife was able to come this time as well!

No comments: