Wednesday, October 05, 2011

What a weekend

Last weekend was unbelievable at Foothills Community Church.

* On Sunday morning we kicked off our new series, How To Avoid A Family Wipeout.

* For whatever reason, every time we do a series on the family it seems to really connect.

* I spoke to the singles about raising the bar when it comes to dating/marriage. It was also a reminder to all of the married people about continuing to do those things that you used to do when dating.

* This Sunday we will be talking about what is probably one of the most important parts of relationships. I have a feeling that this one is going to connect with everyone that comes.

* On Sunday afternoon we had Party In The Pasture. Wow, what an amazing party it was. We had inflatables for the kids, a classic car show, a petting zoo, lawnmower races (and yes, I believe one of the mowers blew up!), food, a concert by Stone Echo with some good old classic rock!, and best of all we baptized 32 people!!!

* I was blown away by how many people came to the Party In The Pasture. It was crazy, but it was a lot of fun!

* As my wife and I drove away that evening, we were so thankful for all of the staff and volunteers that made the event so special. It was one of my favorite days ever at Foothills!

* I absolutely love it when the church just comes together to have fun!

No comments: