Tuesday, August 02, 2011

incredible weekend

It was great being back delivering the message this past Sunday. I have really missed Foothills Community Church. I was reminded again just how blessed we are as a church.
God has blessed our church with an incredible staff and volunteers.

* We began our new series called Awakening. It is going to be life-changing. The scripture was from Ezekiel 37. It is a story about a valley of dry bones becoming a great army. I think all of us can relate to the dry bones. There are times in my life when I get that way spiritually. Fortunately God can breathe the breath of life back into us.

* The music was unbelievable. It really was. David Odom is an incredible worship leader. We also had Joy Honeycutt with us again, as well as our praise choir. Fabulous.

* It is great to be able to take a vacation and not worry about anything. Thanks again to Tim Wadsworth, Brian Rhodes and Daniel Lucas for preaching in my absence. I have heard nothing but good things about their messages!

* We are gearing up for a new series we will begin on August 21st. That is going to be a huge weekend. School will be back in and summer will be over (sort of), so most people will be back to a more normal routine. This will be a perfect time to invite your friends to come with you. The series will be on the life of the biblical character, Jacob. If you think you're life is full of drama, just wait until you hear about his!!

* I miss waking up at 4:30am to go fishing (that was pretty much our routine for 3 weeks). I know that sounds weird if you're not a fisherman, but if you are, you understand.

* On a separate note. I am currently looking for an executive assistant to work at Foothills. As most of you know, my former assistant, Michelle Rhodes, and her husband Brian had a baby, so she is a bit busy right now :) This is a full time position that will take someone who has experience. You can email the church office for more info. office@foothills.cc

No comments: