Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sunday review

Here's a late Sunday review, but you know what they say... better late than never.

* Wrapped up the Awakening series. I loved the series. It was a bit convicting, and uncomfortable for me and many of you, but God uses that to grow us.

* Attendance is already starting to come back to some sense of normalcy. This Sunday will be the first weekend where pretty much everyone should be back from vacation.

* I love all the Dream Team volunteers that make Foothills what it is. You all are the most committed, passionate people I know.

* It was great having David Odom back leading worship this Sunday.

* I am so pumped about all the things that God is doing at Foothills right now. The momentum is building.

* Through a lot of prayer the Lord has given me direction for what the next 7-8 months will look like at Foothills. We are expecting huge things. I will be sharing these things in the coming weeks.

* I can't wait for this Sunday. We're starting our new series called, Stranger Than Fiction. We're going to look at the life of the Old Testament character, Jacob.

* I am asking all of you to get out and Invite, invite, invite! Let's pack the place out. This series will be life-changing!

* Had a great conversation last week about Foothills with a guy that I met. The more I talked about Foothills, the more excited I became. I love this place. By the time the conversation was over all he kept saying was, "I wish I lived closer to your church" (He lives over an hour away)

* I am so proud of the teenagers at Foothills. Last Wednesday 3 more gave their lives to Jesus and 14 more were baptized. I am praying that they rock Oconee County for Christ as they head back to their schools. They are kicking off a brand new series this week too.

* Our Toccoa campus is geared up for a huge Fall. Campus Pastor, Brian Marshall and Worship Pastor, Kevin Robison have been prepping for big things!

No comments: