Sunday, July 18, 2010

sunday review

We are wrapping up our vacation soon and it has been SO relaxing. I planned it so that I would be gone for 3 Sundays. I miss preaching, but it was essential for me to take the break and recalibrate a bit. I have had a phenomenal time with my family and I can hardly wait to be back at Foothills Community Church.

We worshipped again at Christ Fellowship's Stuart Campus. It was a great service. God really spoke to me through the teaching of His Word, and through the music.

I love to let some other guys speak for me while I'm away. The first 2 Sundays, Brian Rhodes preached and today Tim Wadsworth preached. I watched Brian's sermon online, and he did an awesome job. Obviously I have not had a chance to hear Tim's message, but I heard it was fantastic (at least that's what Tim told me :-)

If you have teenagers, you realized how blessed we are to have both Brian and Tim leading our Student Ministry!

I am personally thankful to have such an incredible staff, that I can go on a vacation and not have to worry. That is a blessing. I am also thankful for all of the people who give of their time, talent and treasure to make Foothills the amazing church that it is!

You do not want to miss this Sunday as I will be continuing the One Hit Wonders message series.

No comments: