Monday, June 07, 2010

What a weekend!

This was one of the busiest, but most enjoyable weekends for me in a long time. I got to see my son, Cole graduate from High School. I also got to spend time with my parents and in-laws, and my softball team won the tournament and kept our undefeated record intact.

On top of all of that, our services at Foothills Community Church were probably in the top 10 services of all time. Here are few things that stood out for me:

** We had 33 people give their lives to Jesus at our Seneca campus!

** The message was called "One Way". We talked about the way to get to Heaven-- Jesus.

** God's not trying to keep you out of Heaven, He's trying to get you in!

** I am thankful that God took the guesswork and confusion out of how you get to Heaven by giving us one way. Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one can come to the Father except through Me".

** The energy was unbelievable. People were singing louder than I've ever heard them sing.

** We combined worship teams, and both David Odom and Eric Peters led worship. We also had a mini-choir which really enhanced things. Plus we had more instruments than usual. I think everyone really loved that as well.

** Attendance was way off (I think everyone took a vacation as soon as the kids got out of school for the summer!), but it didn't stop the excitement.

** This was the first time we did our announcements via video in the 5 minute countdown. I had people coming up to me asking why we didn't have announcements. I told them you need to be in your seats a little earlier from now on!

** We also moved the offering up in the service (which was mentioned in the pre-service announcement video that everyone missed), so many people didn't have their offerings ready. (Don't worry, if you missed the buckets being passed, we will still accept your offerings this Sunday :-)

** I am really loving the series on the book of 1 Timothy. Very practical stuff.

** I am already looking forward to this Sunday!

No comments: