Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday thoughts

Had a busy week, but I'm looking forward to this Sunday----Father's day!

** Did a memorial service for a 21 year old young man this week. It is always difficult to see young people pass away at such an early age. Fortunately he was a Christ-follower, so it was a great opportunity to share the gospel.

** Got a chance to shoot my bow a little bit this morning. just 3 months until archery season. I'm totally pumped about that!

** Had fun yesterday evening, with my wife and 4 year old grand daughter catching fireflies. There were tons of them out last night. The only problem is that she won't let them go, so we still have them.

** My son Cole headed out this morning with a bunch of other teenagers from Foothills to head to Bigstuf camp in Panama City, FL. This will be his last year going because he graduated high school. I believe he has gone every year since middle school. I'm praying that Jesus would do amazing things in all of the kids lives.

** Looking forward to Father's Day at Foothills Community Church. We've got some fun stuff planned, and will be giving something to each dad that comes. Trust me, it's something that every dad will enjoy!

No comments: