Sunday, February 28, 2010

sunday night review

What a day at Foothills today. long day, but very rewarding. Here are some of the highlights for me:

** Talked about money today. It's a topic that you can't ignore when talking about marriage. The statistics about money and marital problems are shocking.

** When I talk about money people get the deer in the headlights look!

** From the bottom of my heart I wish people would learn to apply Biblical principles to their money management.

** Most people want a silver bullet, instant fix to their money problems. There is none. It takes hard work, discipline and following God.

** Had a blast watching Brian Rhodes, Tim Wadsworth and Eric Peters do the tithe rap. If you missed it, you missed one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

** I've had a lot of people share with me how much they have enjoyed the marriage series.

** Next week we'll wrap it up. I can't wait, because my wife will be joining me on stage. bring your friends!

** Attendance was solid today in Seneca and Toccoa.

** We had a communion service this evening at our Seneca campus. Awesome time of worship and celebration. A very different feel, with a totally acoustic worship set.

** Toccoa campus had a Grouplink tonight. I hope lots of people will get connected.

** My wife and I will begin a Campus Life group on Marriage on march 10th. we would love to have you. Here's more info.

** Looking forward to a great week. my friend, Dean Herman who is the Pastor of 5 Points Fellowship in Easley will be leading our staff meeting tomorrow.

No comments: