Sunday, February 07, 2010

sunday night review

Wow, what a day at Foothills today!

**There are certain Sundays where everything just clicks---today was one of them.

**Attendace was great at both campuses today. It's surprising what nice weather can do for attendance

**The last part of the services with the couples dancing was incredible.

**We talked about marathon marriages. I love learning from couples that have been married for decades.

**After the first service I had a couple come up to me in the concourse who told me they have been married for 42 years. He told me that he would show me the secret to their success---then he and his wife began kissing! Awesome, 42 years and the fire is still burning!

**Saddest part of the message was the Gallup poll that said that 73% of Americans under 45 years old believe that a life spent with the same person was both unusual and unnecessary.

**Couples who have been married for 50+ years are true American heroes!

**Spoke to another couple in the concourse that have been married for 63 years.

**Next Sunday we will be discussing resolving conflict in marriage (I know, it's not real romantic for a Valentines Day message, but it's going to be highly practical.)

**The music today was great today too. The feature song, You Are So Beautiful, with the saxaphone was sweet.

Foothills, God is doing some incredible things!!

No comments: